All Donations are 100 % Tax Deductible!
We are always grateful for any donations we receive. There are ongoing costs associated with transport, bedding, feed, veterinary care, and farrier services for all our horses. In addition, we welcome donations of equipment, feed, and other supplies.
Easy Ways to Donate
Here’s some simple ways to help us out! Each of these sites sends the funds raised by searching and shopping to Sunshine Horses, Inc.
Choose us as your preferred charity, and 0.5% of every purchase goes to our herd.
Your searches and purchases raise money
Your sales and purchases raise money
Drop off your bottles and cans at our barn! We will turn them in, and use the deposits to help care for our herd.
We are always in need of materials associated with the care and love of our horses. Please consider donating the following items and help us to continue to care for our horses.
To donate, drop by either one of our locations during our volunteer hours (see Volunteer page) or set up an appointment on our contact page.
Donate Your Nutrena Feed Labels and Help Buy Grain for Sunshine!
WHAT IT TAKES
It takes a lot to keep our farm up and running, especially with over 30 horses to see to. Here’s a quick breakdown of just some of the costs that come with the job:
- A bale of hay cost $3.50-$4.00 per bale, and we get 500 bales per load.
- We buy grain by the bulk, and it costs over $900 per month
- A visit from the farrier can cost almost $1000 total, and the farrier comes out to trim hooves every 6-8 weeks.
- A visit from the dentist costs $75 per horse.
- A load of sawdust bedding can cost around $500 a load, and one bag of wood shavings can cost as much as $6 per bag. Each horse gets fresh bedding every morning, and we have over 30 horses.
- Deworming pastes can run anywhere from $5-$15. Vaccinations can run up to $70 a year. And that’s for one horse.
- Vet bills can vary depending on the reasons for their visit. Giving a shot costs less than stitching and bandaging an injury.
- Our horses make over 1200 pounds of manure in a day, and it costs around $1000 to have the manure removed.
- Fence panels to help us expand our paddocks cost $70 per panel.
How can you help? Here’s a few ways!
- Give a monetary donation: 100% of your donation goes to the horses. We are an all volunteer organization and one one gets paid. All money donations are gratefully accepted and appreciated; not to mention tax deductible!
- Donate hay, bags of grain, or bedding: If you have any extra hay, grain or bedding (sawdust or shaving), we would appreciate it! Donated feed or bedding helps us cut back on costs.
- Donate equipment and other farm items: We work hard to keep our facilities in the best shape, so donations of farm equipment (feed/water buckets, pitchforks, tools, hardware, fencing, rubber mats, etc.) are always appreciated. We also use tack donations to aid in training our horses to help them get adopted. Things such as saddles, pads, bridles, harnesses, carts and bits of any discipline and in good condition are more than welcome.
- Donate horse care items: We can go through lots of care items from grooming tools to first aid. Any donations of medical or grooming care are gratefully accepted.
- Drop off cans and bottles: We’re always collecting returnables! We use the money we make from them to buy feed and other supplies. Drop off bottles at our barn!
- Sponsor a horse: There are 4 levels of sponsorship that vary in amount. The full sponsorship of the horse of your choice is $200 per month and covers all of the basic monthly costs of the horse (feed, hay, bedding, stall, farrier). Or you can sponsor a horse’s farrier visit for $35. Sponsoring is great for people who can’t have a horse in their back yard!
You can also donate your time by volunteering! We are always looking for new volunteers. You don’t need to have horse experience-we will train you! It certainly helps if you do though, and we won’t say “neigh” to it! And of course, you can help by adopting. The adoption fee for a horse goes right back into Sunshine to help us help more horses. It’s because of people like you that we’re able to continue our mission.
Thank you from all of us at Sunshine Horses.